RICHMOND READING RIOT
DEC 16-APR 9
WHAT IS IT?
The Richmond Reading Riot is back for its 6th year. Secondary school teacher librarians across the school district have chosen ten titles in conjunction with support from the Richmond Public Library’s teen librarians that reflect diversity of perspectives & genres, topical themes, and the joy of reading for the fun of it. Check out any of the ten titles, rate them, and then do it again to win prizes just for reading! Reading 8 of the 10 titles for the full challenge.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
- Come down to the library to look through the 10 different titles
- Check out as many of the ten titles as you with over duration of the Reading Riot from Dec 16, 2020-April 9th, 2021. You will have two weeks for the novels, and one week for the graphic novels. You can renew if there is no wait list.
- Rate each book you read from 1-5 stars on the ballot you will be given
- Return the ballot into the 2021 Reading Riot ballot box in the library
- Read all 10 titles for a grand prize draw; read 8 of the 10 for full completion prizes
WHY SHOULD I PARTICIPATE?
- Read some great books from great authors
- Read a genre that you haven't read before
- Win weekly draw prizes from the ballots cast
- Monthly draw prizes and most books read that month
- Grand prize giveaways for reading all titles, and 8 of the 10 titles in April
- All readers will receive prizes for participation
Video courtesy of L. Mei, MacNeill Teacher Librarian